Salls Family Ancestry

 

Notes


Matches 101 to 150 of 1,130

      «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23» Next»

   Notes   Linked to 
101 Arthur was living at Marble Island Club Road, Mallets Bay, Colchester, Vermont in 1968.

SSN 009-07-2634 
Salls, Arthur George (I870)
 
102 Arthur was the postmaster for Childwold, New York for 40 or more years.
Arthur died from Coronary Thrombosis. The death certificate was signed by Mrs. Amelia Jones of Childwold, New York. 
Salls, Arthur B. (I2540)
 
103 Arthur's SSN 134-05-7475.

Arthur's address in 1917 was 73 Laurel St.,Buffalo, New York.
Arthur's address in 1941 was 796 Elk St., Buffalo, New York.
Arthur's address in 1961 was 266 Alabama St., Buffalo, New York.
On May 11, 1961 at 1:00am Arthur fell off a bus & fractured his right femur. That accident may have contributed to his death 3 months later. Arthur died from General Arterio Schlerosis due to Diabetes Mellitus. 
Salls, Arthur (I1997)
 
104 As a child Blanch lived with her Grandparents, Duncan Cameron Salls & Mary Elizabeth Bissell. Blanch is buried next to her husband, Burnell. Cheeseman, Blanch May (I150)
 
105 As of 1972, Elaine Agnes Salls was living at 5434 56th Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL 33709. Salls, Elaine Agnes (I882)
 
106 As of January 2016, Darlene was living in Glendale, AZ, and doing well! Salls, Darlene Verna (I8)
 
107 As of this date nothing is known about Jan Barentse Wemp before his migration to the Rensselaer Dutch colony in the new world, other than his father's name was Barent. This colony was located near the present town of Albany, NY. There are some indications that he may have sailed on the Dutch ship den Houttuyn, which arrived in at Schuyler Flatts on the Hudson River on in 1640, but no records verifying this can be found. There are other ships that sailed from Holland to the new world during this time period on which he could have sailed. There are also some indications that Jan may have served as an indentured servant for Killean Van Rensselaer on his farm as a herder of livestock from 1640 to 1645. This is partially based on his nickname of Poest, which had a variety of meanings in the Dutch language, including noisy-herder. Of course, Jan could have worked for wages during these years of working for Killean Van Rensselaer. In any event our forefather was from a humble beginning.

The first recordation of Jan Wemp a record called the Van Rensselaer Manuscripts. This record is discussed in an article written by William C. Wemple, and originally published in the MOHAWK VALLEY DEMOCTAT in 1938. This article says that the immigrant was placed in charge of the farm at Rensselaerwyck on April 10, 1645 for L300 a year. The article continues that on June 11. 1646, Jan was relieved of his duties because of, as stated in the Dutch language, sportlingh met de Wilden or translated into English trouble with the Indians. William C. Wemple s article does not clearly say why Jan Wemp was relived on his duties, and his article does not go into any detail of what the trouble with the Indians exactly was. In speculation, it could have been his lack of ability to get along with the local natives, or it could have been that the natives simply could not get along with Jan Wemp. In any event, Killean Van Rensselaer felt it was to his interest that Jan be relieved of his duties.

Records of Jan Wemp s life are available for research in the New York State Library and elsewhere in New York and continue on to past his death in 1663 as his widow remarries and continues on with her life.

A sad, side note: In all my research have I been able to find that the Wemple name is connected in any way with van or von. Nowhere in Holland or Germany is there a village, town, city or province by the name of Wemple, so the wish that we are somehow named Van Wemple is incongruous. It is simply not possible, so we ll just have to content ourselves with being plain old Wemps/Wemples.

The following is from the work of William Barent Wemple, the original compiler of the family s genealogy who worked on the family tree from about 1885 to 1913. The main subject of what immediately follows is about the two names that Jan went by, Wemp and Poest, and that Jan is in fact both Wemp and Poest:

Of the large number of public records on file in the office of the County Clerk, Albany, N.Y., in the New York State Library, Albany, N.Y., and in possession of the Van Rensselaer family, Albany, N.Y., relating to Jan Barentsen Wemple, they all, with three or four exceptions, give his name as Wemp. The very few and unimportant exceptions give his name as Poest. While it has always been assumed and stated by such historians as Pearson, Munsell, and those following them, that Wemp and Poest were the same person, there has never been any actual proof of this fact until the compiler discovered among the Rensselaerwyck papers, owned by Mr. William Bayard Van Rensselaer, Albany, N.Y., the following original bill (written in Dutch and translated):

Jan Barentsz Wemp is indebted this day, April 19, 1659, at Amsterdam: hired for him a boy, named Christiaen Christiaensz, to whom I have advanced (the following) which shall be deducted from his wages in New Netherlands,

First a suit of clothes, at: f 4 10

also bought and paid for him a straw-bed, a blanket, a pillow, and a red cap, together: f 2 16

also, 3 pairs of shoes at 30 stivers a pair, and 3 shirts at 28 st. a piece, together: f 8 14

also, 2 pairs of stockings at 14 st. a pair, a chest at 32 st., also 14 st. worth of thread and lacing-strings: f 3 14

Total: f19 14

(here) follow the expenses advanced by me and which must not be deducted from the boy's (wages) for the contract: f1 4

for the passport and bringing on board of his chest and straw-bed: f1 0

expenses in hunting up the boy and the labors who returned the handmoney, or godspenny and, (for) my trouble: f5 0

Total: f26 18

Please pay this sum of f 26 18 with one percent (advance) to my brother, Jeremias in N(ew) Netherland.

Jan Baptist Van Rensselaer.

(Reverse Side)

No. 7
Account of Jan barentsz poest
(His mark) X

I hereby certify that the above is a true and correct translation of the original and was made by me.
(signed) Arnold J.F. van Laer
Archivist, N.Y. State Library. Albany, N.Y., June 29, 1904

William Barent Wemple continues his account of how, in his opinion, the immigrant came by his name of Wemp:

The above original account is proof positive that Wemp and Poest were one and the same person, because the face of it was made out in Amsterdam, Holland, at the home-office and headquarters of the Rensselaerwyck Colony, and there they would be very careful to write the name as nearly correct as possible and it is borne out by the records in the Colony itself that it was so done. The account was sent over to the Colony at Albany, from Holland, for collection against Wemp's account. When received at the Colony, it was folded for filing away, and on the back of the account was endorsed its number (7) and the name of the debtor. Instead of endorsing the debtor's correct name of the back, the clerk endorsed the nickname by which Wemp was sometimes known, being that of Poest. From the evidence of the records, it is apparent he was not called that to the exclusion of his correct name, as was the case in many instances. It was customary at that period in our history, when patronymics were comparatively rare excepting among the more prominent families, to give a man a name that derived its significance from his occupation, place of residence in the mother country or here, prominence or defect of some mental or physical characteristic, and in fact, jokes and unusual situations have contributed to fasten names upon men that have descended to the present generation. In other cases men have borne a regular family name and have been given an additional one derived from some of the above-mentioned sources.

Others have different observations. As an example, a Nancy M. Zeller, who was Assistant to the Translator in the New Netherland Project had the following to say in some papers she sent to David R. Wemple on February 18, 1987. One genealogy says he came from Peest in Drethe, (Holland), but poest is an old Dutch word meaning stable boy. Wemp or wemple (wimple) has something to do with cloth; he (the immigrant) probably took the surname after migrating to distinguish from other Barentszs (that were in the colony.)

Let us continue with the writing of William Barent Wemple:

Another record which indicated that he was from Holland is one on file in Albany, (N.Y.) County Clerk's office in a book labeled Mortgages, No. 1, 1652-1660, on page 158 thereof dated July 15, 1659, wherein is recorded a suit brought by Wemp against Adrian Symonson for the recovery of 15 beavers which the deft. has taken with him to Holland to deliver to plaintiff's wife but which she has not received. This shows that Wemp's wife was on a visit to Holland in 1659 and presumptive evidence that they were Netherlanders.

Although in the records relating to the first ancestor of this family in America the name is universally written Wemp there is good reason for believing that the correct form was Wemple as used at the present day by the majority of the family. Commencing with the grandchildren of the immigrant, the records sometimes speak of the same person as Wemp and at others as Wemple. With the next generation the name is almost always written Wemple. A more convincing proof, however, is a very old silver cup which belonged to the immigrant and now in the possession of Mrs. B. Lansing Wagner, Baltimore, Md., which bears the date 1657 and his name in full Jan Baerensen Wimpel: . . .

While it is thought by many in the family that Jan Barentse Wemp was Dutch and came from Holland, there is no proof of this. There is some evidence that he came from one of the German proveniences, such as Bavaria. One thing that happened to the latest compiler is years ago he had contact with a German immigrant who exclaimed when he found his last name was Wemple, Oh, you are German. I served in World War I under a Lieutenant Wemple. Today in looking through phone books of Germany one will find Wemples and Wemps listed. However, the name Wempe seems to be from a different root than ours.

The following are Excerpts from THE MOHAWK VALLEY: ITS LEGENDS AND ITS HISTORY, 1608-1780, author W. May Reid, pg. 298 sent to the compiler by Michael Lee Wemple of Bay City, MI on September 5, 1996:

One of the most noteworthy of those sturdy Dutchmen, next to Van Curler (or Van Corlear), was Jan Barentse Wemp, who arrived in this country and located in Beverwyck, in 1643 or 1645. . . The suffix, SE, to the name Barent, indicates that he was the son of Barent. . . .

Page 299 of the same article continues:

Jan Barentse Wemp, the elder, was one of the original fourteen pioneers who settled in Schenectady in 1662. It is said that Governor Stuyvesant granted the first patent of land (an island at the town of Schenectady) in 1662, to Jan Barentse Wemp and Jacques Cornelise Van Slyck, a half-breed. This island was sometimes called Wemp's Island, and is now known as Van Slyck's Island. Jan's name is connected very closely with the early history among many of the prominent families of the whole Mohawk Valley.

Michael Lee Wemple also submitted the following paper to the compiler on the same date:

THE WEMPLE FAMILY
Manuscript furnished by William C. Wemple, Amsterdam, NY and originally published in the MOHAWK VALLEY DEMOCRAT newspaper. 1938-1939

. . . It has been stated by such historians as Pearson and Munsell, that Jan Barentse Wemp and Poest were one and the same person.

This, however, does not prove that Poest was the surname, for a large number of records on file in the office of the County Clerk at Albany, in the New York State Library, and in the possession of the Van Rensselaer family, relating to Jan Barentse Wemp, they all with three or four exceptions give the name as Wemp, Wimp. Wempel, Wymple or Wemple.

In a few unimportant cases it is given as Poest and after some study, Mr. A.J. F. Van Laer (archivist of the New York State Library) says he believes it to have been used as a nickname only, . . . He does not think poest was the town from which he came as it never written van poest.

From April 10, 1645 to June 11, 1646, he had charge of the patroons farm called de Vlackte and during that period is credited with wages at the rate of three hundred pounds a year for the service of himself and his wife.

He left de Vlackte June 11, 1646 on account of some sportlingh met de Wilden (trouble with the Indians) and August 13, 1646 agreed to take charge of the saw and gristmill on the fifth creek for the term of 5 years at wages of thirteen pounds a month and one hundred pounds a year for board. . . .

March 20, 1647, with Andries Herbertaz, he took a lease of land south of Jan Dircksz from Brennen and east of Albert Andriesz along the creek of Castle Island and the Mill (Normanskill) for six years at an annual rate of 275 pounds.

Andries Herbertsz changed his plans and Jan Barentsz agreed to carry out the terms of the contract alone. He remained in possession of this farm till November 1, 1654, when he took over the farm of Thomas Chambers, situated on the east side of the river on what later was known as the Poesten Kill, as far as records show the farm of Thomas Chambers was the first to be established on the east side of the river, north of the present day city of Rensselaer while the tract on which it was located way probably the first to be purchased from the Indians in that vicinity. . . . In 1661 he owned a house which was leased by Jeremian van Rensselaer for the use of the schout, Gerard Swart.

Jan Barentsz obtained a lot adjoining the stockade (Albany) and north of Thomas Jansz February 1, 1653. (Van Rensselaer Manuscripts.)

The following is from a manuscript sent to the compiler on September 28, 2000 by Michael Lee Wemple of Bay City, MI. This manuscript was written by William Barent Wemple, compiler of the first part if this genealogy from 1885-1913. The manuscript was never before published:

As near as it is possible to determine from the evidence now in existence, Jan Barentsen Wemp was born about the year 1620. He emigrated to America previous to 1645, for in that year he was established in this country in Rensselaerwyck Colony, as is evidenced by the original accounts with him in the papers of the Colony now in possession of Mr. William Van Rensselaer, Albany, NY. These papers are written in Dutch and several have been translated for this work.

Document No.1 is the oldest record mentioning his name so far discovered and while this account was commenced in the year 1646, it contains a credit of 97 pounds of bacon, furnished to ME in 1645 and debits him with a transfer from Ledger F, page 73 the first showing conclusively his presence in the colony in 1645 and the latter that he had an earlier account in Leger F, but this book unfortunately cannot now be found.

Note: Document No.1, referred to above, as well as other documents hereafter referred to can be found in the printed version of the Forth Edition of the family book titled THE DESCENDANTS OF JAM BARENTSE WEMP, dated March 9, 2001. The documents are not available in the computer file maintained by Alan Salls at web site www.wemple.org. Continuing with the work of William Barent Wemple:

The accounts between him and the Van Rensselaers run continuously down to the time of his death, and after that event, with his widow, until 1675, when they cease, but as they mostly charge him with rent of land and credit him with grain and various field products, etc., they are not of importance and would needlessly encumber this work, so it was deemed advisable to translate and exhibit only the first and last accounts (see documents Nos. 1. 2)

It will be observed that the last account shows his widow to be the wife of Sweer Theunissen (Van Velson); the reason, no doubt, for no more accounts appearing, is owning to the fact of all the family interests having been transferred by this time to Schenectady, to which place they had removed a few years before.

Documents Nos. 3, 4, and 5 are translations of the original bills against Jan Barentsen Wemp, which were made out in Amsterdam, Holland, and transmitted to the Director of the Colony for collection. They are interesting as showing the business customs of those days and the first (No. 3) is of great importance for another object, viz:

Many of the early settlers were called by other than their proper names and it was not unusual for these nicknames to be used so extensively that the real name was eventually lost.

Jan Barentsen Wemp was also called Jan Barentsen POEST (pronounced POOST) and document No. 3 proves this fact. In Holland, where care would naturally be taken to make a bill out in a person's proper and legal name, it is written on the face, in the body, Wemp, but after it came over here and was folded up to file away for future reference. The person doing this inscribed on the back of the bill the number and the name Poest by which the debtor was frequently called in the colony.

In 1659, he bought from the Indian proprietors a farm lying about seven miles in a northeasterly direction from Albany. The farm was located within the present limits of the city of Troy and is the first purchase of land in that city or vicinity of which where is any recorded mention (see document No. 25). This farm was traversed by a steam called the Poestenkil and the name derived its origin from Jan Barentsen Wemp's nickname of Poest; it literally means Poest's creek. Through all the changing time since them, the name of Poestenkil has clung to this creek and on its banks a village has sprung up which bears the very same name, as does also the township in which the village of situated.

Wemp built a sawmill on the Poestenkil, which was known as the Poesten mill, and he was about to launch forth on quite an extensive enterprise just at the time of his death, in 1663. After that occurrence, his heirs sold this property (see documents Nos. 32, 33).

. . . April 29, 1653, he sues Marten de Brouwer for the payment of 2000 bricks and the court record of May 13, 1653 shows that the parties satisfactorily settled it out of Court (see document No. 6).

March 16, 1655, he sues Claes Garritsz for breaking a wagon (see document No. 6). Cornelis Cornelisse and Thomas Powell, on July 24, 1658, deed a lot in the village of Beverwyck to him and as it is bounded on the north by his own property. It evidently is not his first purchase, although the record of a former one is not now in existence (see document No. 7).

April 21, 1661, he enters into a contract with Cornelis Woutersz, whereby the latter agrees to repair and lengthen the barn used by Wemp, located and the Patroon's farm (see document No. 8).

Cornelis Bogaert rents a house and lot, situated in the Colony of Rensselaerwyck, of Wemp s on April 22,1661 (see document No. 9).

A bond was executed in Wemp's favor June 13, 1661, by Aert Peetersz Jack of Esopus (Kingston), to secure the payment of 106 schepels of wheat and a new hat for Wemp's son, for a horse Wemp had sold to Jack (see document No. 10).

The same day, Aert Peetrsz Jack also empowers Wemp to purchase two mares for him (see document No. 11), which in due course of time was done, so that on September 7, 1661 a bill of sale, with stipulation, is recorded (see document No. 12).

Evert Pels deeds to Wemp a house and garden, on February 4, 1662, which was situated in Fort Orange and constituted a portion of the eastern curtain of the fort (see document No. 13).

Jan Barentsen Wemp and Marten Mauwerensz hire Hendrick Arentse, the sugar-baker, to work their farm at Schenectady for one year from September 16, 1662 (see document No. 14).

Governor Stuyvesant grants to Jan Barentsen Wemp and Jacques Cornelisse (Van Slyck) the great island, lying immediately west of Schenectady, in the Mohawk river, on November 12, 1662 (see document No. 15).
. . . Before the Dutch government would grant a title to any Indian lands, those desiring the lands was obliged to first pay the Indians and secure an Indian deed to the property; after that was accomplished the governor would then issue a grant. Pearson says that in 1661, Arent Van Curler had extinguished the Indian title to a great deal of land at Schenectady and the following spring, with little company of pioneers, commenced the first settlement. Two years later the lands were surveyed, allotted and patented to fifteen persons, a portion of whom being non-residents, sold out their rights to permanent settlers. (preface to GENEALOGIES OF THE FIRST SETTLERS OF SCHENECTADY, Jonathan Pearson).

In document No. 14, where Arentse agrees to work for Wemp and Mauwerensz on their farm at Schenectady, the date of the contract is only two months prior to the grant of the island in document No.15, hence the Indian title to the island must have been extinguished before September 16, 1662. About that time also, Marten Mauwerensz must have died, for when the formal grant (document No.15) was given by the governor, Mauwerensz is not mentioned as the other grantee with Wemp but the grant names Jacques Cornelisse, in his quality as brother and heir of Marten Mourits. This island has been known as Marten's, Wemp's, and Van Slyck's island, the last one being the most universal designation, and the patent granted in 1662 for it, antedates by nearly two years that of any other land at Schenectady. More wonderful still, this patent for the very first grant of land at Schenectady has survived all the vicissitudes of pioneer life and even the burning of the village in 1690, as it is yet in existence and in the possession of Union College library in Schenectady.

In volume 10, page 137, of COLONIAL MANUSCRIPTS (State Library, Albany, NY) are the original minutes of this proceedings of the Council which governed the Colony, and in them is recorded that a petition was received from the land owners of Schenectady, dated May 18, 1663, in which the proprietors pray that the Governor send up a surveyor to allot the undivided lands among them, in order that each one could know exactly what portion was to be his. Although Jan Barentsen Wemp was living in Beverwyck, yet, as an owner of land at Schenectady and a prospective beneficiary in the land division, he signed the petition. The Men who united in making the request of the Governor, numbered fifteen and they are always spoken of and known as the fifteen original proprietors of Schenectady. Wemp died before the apportionment was made but his heirs must have benefited by the final allotment, for Pearson, in his HISTORY OF THE SCHENECTADY PATENT, says, Wemp's village lot was on the west side of Washington street, commencing on the north side of the lot of Charles Thompson, and extending southward 166 feet more or less, and westward to the river. This lot was inherited by his son Myndert, who was killed in the massacre of 1690.

. . . It seems that Jan Barentsen Wemp furnished Aert Pietersz Jack, whose name also appears in previous documents, considerable money with which to purchase and equip Jack's farm at Esopus (now Kingston), which was not repaid, for, on January 10, 1664, Maritie Mynderts, Wemp's widow, appointed three agents who were to proceed to Esopus and after inventorying Jack's property, take possession of it for her benefit (see document Nos. 18, 12a). They must have been unable to accomplish this, for, on April 25, 1664, in an appeal to the Director General and Council of New Netherland, her agents recited the fact that certain creditors had disposed of some of Jack's property and received the money for the same, therefore, they petition, to have all such actions stopped (see document No. 19).

On the same day, the Director General in a letter to the court of Esopus admonished them to proceed with care and to take charge of the moneys, in order that all may receive their just share (see document No. 20). The paper appointing the three agents (document No. 18) states the fact that Maritie Mynderts was at the time living in the Colony of Rensselaerwyck, and as this was hardly a year after the death of her husband, is quite conclusive evidence of the not having resided there.

Maritie Mynderts leases to Jacques Cornelise Van Slyck her one half of the island at Schenectady, for four years from May 13, 1664 (see document No. 21). The other half of the island was owned by Van Slyck. This lease is an interesting exhibition of the customs of those days.

She sells to Jan Cornelisz Van der Heyden (her brother-in-law) and Poulus Cornilisz, some kind of a boat or vessel, for $400.00, on May 22, 1664 (see document No. 22). On June 12, 1664, Maritie Mynderts, widow of Jan Barentsen Wemp, was about to marry Sweer Theunissen Van Westbroeck (who was also known by the name of Sweer Theunissen Van Velsen), and before the ceremony was performed, they entered into an agreement with the guardians of the children brought forth between herself and Wemp, concerning the settlement upon them of a portion of the father's estate (see document No. 23). On the same day, Maritie Mynderts and Sweer Theunissen Van Westbroeck, made an ante-nuptial contract in regards to the contemplated marriage and its stipulations include the conditions that, in the event of the mother's death, the children shall receive $640.00 from her estate in addition to the portion settled on them from their father's property by preceding agreement (see document No. 24).

Document No. 23 is an exceedingly valuable record from a genealogical standpoint, as it is positive proof of the names and ages of Jan Barentsen Wemp's children and is attested by the signature of the mother, together with those of her future husband, the children's guardian, the officer of the Colony at Rensselaerwyck, and the famous Arent Van Curler, commissioner. It also mentions sufficient property, which has been pledged for the execution of its terms, to show that Jan Barentsen Wemp, who although a comparatively young man of about 45 years at the time of his death, was what might be called moderately wealthy man of those days, even though all personal property, and doubtless other real estate, is not spoken on in the contract.

After Sweer Theunissen Van Westbroeck's marriage with Jan Barentsen Wemp's widow, the property of Wemp passed into his possession, according to law, and when the New Netherlands were transferred by the Dutch into the hands of the English, the latter government guaranteed unto every landowner a peaceful possession of his lands by granting a confirmation of the title; as a result of this, Sweer Theunissen had confirmed unto him, in 1667, a farm (Poesten Bouwery) in the Colony. This farm was that containing Poesten Mill, on the Poestenkil, and a portion of it Sweer Theunissen sold to Jan Cornelissen Vyselaer and Luyear Pietersen Coeymans in 1675 (see document No. 33); the remainder, in 1679 (he sold) to Pieter Pieterse Van Waggelen (document No 37). The one half of Marten's Island at Schenectady and a house and lot in Beaverwyck, all formally belonging to Wemp.

. . . As shown in document No. 30, Sweer Theunissen was living in the Colony of Rensselaerwyck May 27, 1699, and engaged in farming, but shortly after he must have removed to Schenectady, with his wife and Wemp's children, for in his petition to the Governor for a redress of grievances, he recites that he did build at Schenectady a corn-mill and made a contract with the community, January 28, 1669, by which it was agreed that he should enjoy all the privileges of any miller in the county. . . .

. . . Jan Barentsen Wemp's lot situated in Albany, which was confirmed to Van Velsen, April 15, 1667 (see document No. 27). The latter sold (the lot) to Woulter Aerse Raemmaker, June 12, 1678; the house had been preciously taken down and removed to Schenectady. Pearsons claims that this lot was situated on the west corner of Broadway and Van Tromp street, in Albany (see document No. 36).

Van Velsen also sold to Pieter Pietersen Van Waggelen, May 6, 1679, all that remained of Wemp's farm, called Poesten Bouwery, which was not included in the sale of the Poesten Mill and four acres of ground conveyed in 1675 to Vyselaer and Coeymans (see document No. 37).

For the consideration of agreeing to provide Jacob Hevick with board and clothing as long as he lived, and upon his death, to decently bury him, Hevick's wife conveys to Van Velson her home and barn together with five lots of land situated on Lubberde Landt (Troy) September 1, 1680 (see document No. 38. The five lots of land were conveyed to Henry Lansing on March 8, 1694 (see document No. 42). On March 6, 1682/3, Sweer Theunissen is sued by the guardians of Jan Barentsen Wemp's children for an accounting of the property and a division among the surviving children of their sister Grietje's share in her father's estate, she having died in 1665, aged fourteen years (see document No. 39). The guardians won the case and Van Velsen appealed from the verdict but it was sustained.

Sander Lendetse Glen, John Van Epps and Sweer Theunissen Van Velson having purchased from the Indians proprietors, July 3, 1672, the land which was included in the Schenectady Patent, comprising 16 miles along the river and four miles back on both sides, a patent was granted for this territory, November 1, 1684, into William Teller, Reyer Schermerhorn, Sweer Theunissen Van Velson, John Van Epps and Myndert Wemp, as trustees and representatives of the inhabitants of Schenectady.

Sweer Theunissen Van Velson and his wife Marite Mynderts were both slain in the massacre of Schenectady, February 9, 1689/90, when the village was destroyed by the French and Indians, and on the 26th of February an agreement for the settlement and division of their property was concluded between the surviving heirs, who were Myndert Janse Wemp wife and children, Antie Janse Wemp, (wife of Captain Sander Glen), and Barent Janse Wemp. Grietje, as has been previously shown, died in 1665; Aeltie must have died before this time without issue, or else she or he heirs would have been included; Myndert was killed during the massacre. Van Velsen had no children at the time of his death. This last fact is attested by a petition gotten up by the inhabitants of Schenectady, dated October 10, 1702, praying the Governor and Council that the power of electing new trustees under the patent be granted them, which states and since ye said Sweer Theunissen is deceased without leaving an heir.

. . . This settlement was, however, never effected, because they learned that Van Velsen by certain witness of true and trusty persons had made and bequeathed in his last will and testament that Nether dutch Reformed Church of Shinnectady as an heir to a part of his estate. Owing to the disappearance of the will at the time of the massacre, they did not know what portion of his property had been devised to the church, and while the church had no legal claim to any portion of the estate, yet, as they did not desire y't y'e aforesaid Nether dutch Reformed Church should in any wise be a loser of their right, they conveyed to the church, by deed of April 15, 1696, the corn-mill, together with a large tract of accompanying land (see document No 43).

. . . In 1654, Jan Barentsen Wemp rented a farm of the Patroon, in Rensselaerwyck Colony, until May 1, 1659, and on August 21, 1658, the lease was extended two years, or until May 1, 1661 (see document No. 2 1/2).

The following excerpt is from a book titled MOHAWK FRONTIER: THE DUTCH COMMUNITY OF SCHENECTADY, NEW YORK, 1661-1710 by Thomas E. Burke, Jr., loaned to the compiler by William Westbrook Wemple, page 63:

. . . Before his death in 1690 van Velsen operated a gristmill and owned land, buildings, horses and slaves. All this was far removed from November 1660, when Sweer Teunissen from Velsen near Arnhem in the Netherlands was engaged to come to Rensselaerwyck to serve as a hired hand on the farm operated by Jan Barentsen Wemp. Wemp had been at the colony since the 1640's, owning or working several farms and operating a sawmill and gristmill for the patroon. In 1651 he supervised a stately farm near the Normanskill, consisting of fourteen morgens of land and including eight horses and nine cows. Wemp exchanged this property for a larger farm on the east side if the Hudson River on what would later be known as Poestenkil. In 1661 his home was fine enough to be leased by Jeremias van Rensselaer for use by the colony's schout. Under Wemp's tutelage, van Velsen would have acquired a solid knowledge of farm labor and millwork. Starting as a servant, he rose rapidly. After Wemp's death, van Velsen married his widow, probably in June of 1664, and with his new wife and four stepchildren removed to Schenectady. Before his death, Jan Barentsen Wemp had been one of the fourteen proprietors of the new community. . . .

 
Wemple, Jan Barentse (I3990)
 
108 Avis was baptized by Reverand John Tompkins.

Avis died in a kitchen accident. She was scalded with hot water. 
Salls, Avis Marynette (I560)
 
109 Avis was living in South Paris, Maine in 2003.
She graduated from High School in Woodstock, Maine in 1934.
She was active in 4-H leadership for 15 years, a public librarian for over 24 years, and was very active in church and youth work. 
Salls, Avis Arline (I2281)
 
110 Barbara became a secetary to the President of the American Woolen Company in New York City on July 24, 1933 & continued in that position after the merger of that company with Textron American, Inc., for a total of 21 years 8 months, until her retirement on March 31, 1955. She moved, with her husband, Carroll, to a new & modern house at 2613 South Ives Street, Arlington, Virginia, in April 1955.
During more than a decade of service, she was a vital part of the church life at the Calvery Methodist Church in South Arlington, Vermont. Her many friends have pleasent memories of her character & personality. One of the church circles was named in her honor - the Barbara Salls Circle.
Barbara died from a massive cerebral hemorrage due to arterio sclerosis.

SSN 089-09-5305

 
Davison, Barbara Chase (I1684)
 
111 Barbara is not married & has no children. Betts, Barbara (I2499)
 
112 Barbara was a past Noble Grand of the Beatrice Rebekah Lodge & she held high office in other fraternal orders. Smith, Barbara Regina (I1616)
 
113 Barbara was George's second wife. Guerrin, George Howard (I956)
 
114 Barbara was living at 241 West Canal Street, Winooski, Vermont in 1961. Salls, Barbara Jean (I913)
 
115 Barbara was living in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, in 2002 Palmerchuk, Barbara (I1266)
 
116 Barbara was living with her parents, Lucius & Joyce, & two sisters at 16 Dewey Street, Swanton, Vermont in 1968. Lemnah, Barbara Mary (I2658)
 
117 Barnabas Wemp was baptized in Schenectady, N.Y., September 3, 1738 as Barent Wemple. His sister, Jannetje, mentions him in her will as her eldest brother, devising to him five shillings, and in describing a piece of land which she left to her aunt. She describes it as being bounded on the East by land belonging to her brothers, Barent and Arent. It is supposed that he lived a short distance from Schenectady city on the road to Niskayuna but possibly his home lot is now included in the present city limits.

In the muster roll of Captain Daniel Campbell's Schenectady Company, returned May 1, 1967, and preserved in volume 14, page 209, of Sir Wm. Johnson Manuscripts, in the State Library, Albany, N.Y., he is listed as a private in the company.

He was a private in the First Regiment of the Line, during part of the Revolutionary War, under Col. G. Van Schaick. (See copy of letter from Record and Pension Office, Washington, D.C., in the Wemple Family Ancestry).

During the latter part of the Revolutionary War he became a Loyalist, and fled from the Mohawk Valley to Canada, leaving behind land and other property. About 1840, his sons, John and William, visited the Mohawk Valley for the purpose of securing the property left by their father upon his removal to Canada, but of course they were unsuccessful.

His grandchildren remember well the stories related time and time again by his wife, how on leaving New York State, they went to Niagara, crossed over to what was then known as Little York, now the city of Toronto. From there they went in bateaux, a sort of rowboat used then, to Kingston, at the port of the Bay of Quintie, and from there went to the Isle of Tantie, as at that time called, but now known as Amherst Island. Here they made their permanent home and are buried on their own farm.

In a book entitled THE CENTENNIAL OF THE SETTLEMENT OF UPPER CANADA BY THE UNITED EMPIRE OF LOYALISTS, 1784-1884, published by the Centennial Committee and printed, 1885, by Rose Publishing Co., Toronto, is a copy of the original 'Old United Empire List' preserved in the Crown Land Department at Toronto, which lists Barabas Wemp (Wimpel), residence Kingston, soldier in Col. Guy Johnson's Forresters (Owen Robbin's affidavit, 1807). Land Board of Mechlenburg, 1791. G.H., 1785-100. The Provision List of Kingston says he belonged to Royal Regiment of New York in 1786. (Stamped Book.)

It will be noticed, by referring to the letter from Record and Pension Office, that he was called 'Wemp' on all the rolls of Col. Van Schaick's regiment in the Revolution, showing that he was so called during his residence in New York State. This short form of the name is still retained by all his descendants to the present day. The fact that his correct name was 'Wemple' is shown by the insertion in parenthesis of the English form 'Wimpel,' after the name 'Wemp' in the Old United Empire List. Further proof of this is also contained in the 'Register of Baptisms for the Township of Fredericksburgh' in the baptismal record of one of his children, as follows: 'Mary, daughter of Barnabas and Katreen Wemple, of Marysburgh, June 12, 1791.' The other baptismal records of their other children have it written 'Wemp.'

Record and Pension Office
War Department
Washington, City
January 22, 1898
Hon. James A. Roberts,
Comptroller, State of New York,
Albany.
Dear Sir:

In reply to your letter of the 20th instant, received this morning, in which you request to be furnished with a statement of the record of Revolutionary service, and a tracing of the signature of Barent Wemple, a private of Colonel Wyncoop's Regiment, also similar information relative to Barent Wemp, a private of Colonel Van Schaick's Regiment, I beg to advise you as follows:

The records on file in this office show that Barent Wemple was a member (rank not stated) of Captain Gerrit S. Veeder's Company in the Regiment of Forces of the United Colonies raised in and for the defence of the Colony of New York, which was commanded by Colonel Cornelius D. Wyncoop, Revolutionary War. The name of the soldier appears only on a company muster roll covering the period from March 1, to May 23, 1776, which shows that he enlisted April 11, 1776, but affords no further information with regard to him. No document gearing his signature has been found on file.

The name of Barent Wemp(?) (also spelled Wemple) appears as that of a private in Captain John Copp's Company of the 1st Battalion of New York Forces, Commanded by Colonel Goose Van Schaick, Revolutionary War. His name appears on a company muster roll covering the period from November 21, 1776 to June 5, 1777, which shows that he enlisted December 28 (year not stated) for the period of the war. He is reported, without remark, on rolls of the company up to and including the roll for the month of May, 1778. The roll for June, 1778, reports him Absent without leave and supposed to be sick, and the rolls covering the period from July to December, 1778, reports him as Sick at Prince Town. Later rolls up to and including that for the month of December, 1779, report him Sick at Trentown, June 28, 1778. The roll for January and February, shows him as Transferred to Corps of Invalids. No further record of him has been found nor has any paper bearing his signature been found on the files of the office.
With very kind regard for yourself personally, I am
Very respectfully,
(signed) F.C. Ainsworth
Colonel, U.S. Army,
Chief, Record and Pensions Office.

The name Barnabas is merely the English form of the Holland Dutch given-name Barent and was no doubt more familiar to those living in Canada.

He was married, December 11, 1779, to Caterine Gates, who died August 27,1843. Her father's name was probably Michael Gates, but this has not yet been verified. They both died in the same year, as the following records, found by Rev. James Cumberland, Stella, Ont., in the old Register of the Anglican Church there will show: Catherine Wemp, U.E. Loyalist, date of interment August 29th, 1843; Barnabas Wemp, U.E. Loyalist, date of interment December 27th, 1843; both at McDonald's. Mr. Cumberland says this is the little plat where the son-in-law, McDonald, had buried one or two of his family where the Cairn with Cross now stands. He says he thinks her designation as U.E. Loyalist is presumptive evidence that she came with him to Canada from the colonies.

The following article was sent to David Wemple on September 5, 2000 by Michael Lee Wemple of Bay City, MI. It is from the Loyalist Cultural Centre, Bath, Ontario, Canada:

FAMILY HISTORY RECOGNIZED
BARENT AND CATHERINE WEMP AMONG EARLY LOYALIST SETTLERS

By Herb Wemp
Special to the Beaver (hand written article, 1995)

Oyez! Oyez! Oyez! Saturday, July 29 in fine town-crier fashion, the ceremonies started with the ringing of the crier's bell and the gathering of about 150 people around the plaque to be dedicated to the memory of loyalist settlers Barent and Catherine Wemp.

Most of those attending were descendants of the loyalist settlers.

Two Kings Royal Regiment soldiers in period uniform (John Wannamaker and L. W. Joyner) stood at attention on either side of the plaque which was veiled with The British Union Jack. The Town Crier (David McKee from Brantford and also a Wemp descendant gave an inspiring introduction to the unveiling.

All true to the memory of King George III and to his loyal subjects, hear ye now this proclamation: Whereas, United Empire Loyalists Barent and Catherine Wemp endured the hardships on the American Revolutionary War and began a new life in the wilderness of this very island 211 years ago. And whereas, if it were not for their will to survive, we would not be standing here today.

Now therefore, it is my pleasureful duty to to proclaim the unveiling of this plaque upon this site in memory of our ancestry, Barent and Catherine Wemp. May this plaque remind us and our descendants of the heritage that caused our family and many other loyalist families to carve and build a strong, united Canada.

This proclamation carried this 29th day of July in the year of our Lord, 1995. God bless Canada, God save the Queen.

The plaque was unveiled by Leigh Wemp, organizer of the ceremonies and his son, Herb, author of the text. The plaque was then read by the town crier.

The American Revolutionary War was the setting of their courtship and marriage. Barent was a soldier of foot in Colonel Guy Johnson's Loyal Foresters. As the war was drawing to a conclusion Barent and Catherine remained loyal to the crown of England. They had to flee their home in the Mohawk Valley leaving everything they owned behind. They were with the Captain Mike Grass company at Camp Catariqui in the fall of 1794. In the late winter of 1785, while Barent was monitoring rebel movements, south of Lake Ontario, Catherine gave birth to their first child, John, who became known as the first child born in the new loyalist community. Barent was enlisted in the King's Royal Regiment in 1786. By 1803 they settled here on Amherst Island on a 200-acre parcel of land. They raised seven children from whom some of today's island residents are descended. Barent and Catherine both died here on the site of their family farm.

Erected July 1995 by the descendants of Barent and Catherine with the assistance of the Ontario Heritage Foundation and the Kingston and District Branch of the United Empire Loyalists Association of Canada.

Amherst Island reeve Duncan Ashley recalled some personal encounters with members of the Wemp family.

He congratulated Leigh for organizing the day and told him he should be pleased with what he had done.

The ceremonies then moved to the Cairn as it is known. A large monument of stones topped with a wooden cross on a small rise along the fence line some distance from the road. The monument is enclosed with an iron chain and post in each of the four corners.

With the regiment soldiers on either side of the Cairn, the town crier lead everyone in Canada's National Anthem. The minister Christopher Davis lead everyone in prayer. As the ceremonies came to an end, the two regiment soldiers raised their rifles and shot into the sky to the surprise of everyone there.

Some in attendance were Ryan Henderson from Igaluit, N.W.T., Maureen Tasker from Winsloe, P.E.I., Jack and Peggy Wemp from Clinton Corners, NY, Keith Derek and J. Nelson Wemp from Kelowna, B.C., Liz McKee from Whitehorse, Yukon, Tom and Jan Spowart from Madison, WI. Also in attendance were Peter Aykroyd and his sister Judy Aykroyd Harvie.

More attended the dinner and dance held at the school on the island that night.

The dinner was put on by ACW and music provided by the Hallman's. Extra entertainment was provided when the town crier and his brother (Dave and Bill McKee) sang a duo.

Leigh and Herb would like to thank Sharon Sands, Betty Ennis, Joyce Titley and Doris Wemp who were involved from the beginning as the WFGF. Thanks to Cathy Richards for donating the gifts to hand out.

Also thanks to Les Mills for helping out. A special thanks to Al Lawlor and the group for providing the entertainment in the hot sun - it's too bad the tent blew down in the storm.

The Wemp Family Genealogy Foundation would like to thank everyone for their support and generosity and to Tom and Jan Spowart, Emily Tugwell and Yvonne and Bob Hart for their extra support and generosity.

The following is from an unpublished manuscript written by William Barent Wemple and sent to David Wemple on September 28, 2000 by Michael Lee Wemple of Bay City, MI.

In a book entitled THE CENTENNIAL OF THE SETTLEMENT OF UPPER CANADA, by the United Empire Loyalists, 1784-1884, published by the Centennial Committee and printed in 1885, by Rose Publishing Company, Toronto, is a copy of the original OLD UNITED EMPIRE LIST preserved in the Crown Land Department at Toronto, which states that Barnabas Wemp (Wimpel), residence Kingston, soldier in Colonel Guy Johnson's Forresters (Owen Robbin's affidavit, 1807). Land Board of Mecklengurg, 1791, G. H., 1785-100. The Provisions List of Kingston says he belonged to Royal Regiment of New York in 1786 (Stamped Book). . . . 
Wemp, Barnabas (I3951)
 
118 Beatice was living in Niagara Falls, New York in June 1968. Wright, Beatrice (I888)
 
119 Before 1968 - Ephraim was living in Fulford, Quebec, Canada.
1968 - Ephraim was living in Waterloo, Quebec, Canada.
1969 - He was living in Fulford, Quebec, Canada. 
Salls, Ephraim Floyd (I2330)
 
120 Benjamin graduated from the Cabot, Vermont High Shool in 1959.
He was employed by Theodore G. Bothfield in Cabot, Vermont prior to his job as a Meat Cutter in 1964. 
Salls, Benjamin Allen (I2615)
 
121 Benjamin made his fortune in the lumber business in Eastern Townships, Quebec, Canada. He was a resident for many years at the Howard Farm in Applegrove, Stanstead County, Quebec, Canada. He settled in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada in 1891 with his wife, Helen, & children. Howard, Benjamin Cate (I3065)
 
122 Benjamin was a co-sponsor of a baptism in Clarenceville, Quebec, Canada: October 29, 1820 with George Salls (1781-1872) at the baptism of John Bunker. Salls, Benjamin (I2598)
 
123 Benjamin was baptized by the Reverand Canon Micajah Townsend. The sponsers of the baptism were George Salls(1781-1872), Isaac Flagg & Anna Manson.
Benjamin sttled in Pidgeon Hill, St. Armand West, Quebec, Canada after his marriage to Martha in 1873.
Benjamin was listed as the owner of Lot 97 in Pigeon Hill, Mississquoi County, Quebec, Canada in 1892.
Funeral services for Benjamin were held at Pidgeon Hill Church. 
Salls, Benjamin Manson (I382)
 
124 Benjamin's Baptising was sponsored by Lucy Salls & Daniel Bissell. Salls, Benjamin Hix (I306)
 
125 Benjamin's baptism record at the Anglican Church reads, Adult baptism of Benjamin Salls, Born March 22, 1821, son of Isaac Salls, farmer of Noyan & Rachel, his wife. The record should have cited Elizabeth (Betsy) as Isaac's wife. The error is understandable since Benjamin was 20 years old at the date of his baptism, & his own mother died when he was only 20 days old. Rachel was the only mother he had ever known.
The Clarenceville, Quebec, Canada 1842 census listed three people in Benjamin's family (2 adults, 1 child).
The Noyan, Quebec, Canada 1851 census listed Benjamin as a farmer and a Prebyterian at the age of 31 years.
Benjamin was erroneously listed as the groom on the marriage certificate of Phoebe Wait (1837-1906), instead of Franklin Salls(1831-1900) (Reference: United Church records of Clarenceville, Quebec, Canada). 
Salls, Benjamin Franklin or Benjamin, Jr. or Benjamin, 2nd. (I330)
 
126 Bertha died from Cholera Infantum. Salls, Bertha Fannie (I1619)
 
127 Bertha's children may have more information on thier mother & grandfather, Abram. Salls, Bertha (I2194)
 
128 Bessie was living in Concord, New Hampshire in 1969. Salls, Bessie (I2258)
 
129 Betsy's burial was witnessed by Enoch Salls (1775-1883). Crawford, Elizabeth (I323)
 
130 Betty J. Burrows, 88, of 27 Moseley St., Whitesboro, NY, entered into God's Kingdom to be with her husband on March 16, 2002. She was born September 3, 1913, in Marcy, NY, daughter of the late Morelle C. and Alice M. Fisher Jones. Betty attended and graduated from Waterville schools. She married Robert H. Burrows, Jr., June 30, 1932, at St. James Episcopal Church, Clinton, in a candlelight service officiated by Rev. Robert Parker. They resided in Clinton until 1957 when they moved to Whitesboro and operated Burrows Trucking for many years. On June 30, 1982, Bob and Betty celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary at a reception at Trinkaus Manor. Mr. Burrows passed away January 12, 1988. Mrs. Burrows was a life member of National, State, County, Pleasant Valley and Clinton Granges, a member of Grace Chapter O.E.S., Clinton, Ladies of Utica Moose #450, past president and charter member of Oriskany-Whitestown Rotary-Ann's, member of Whitesboro Fire Dept. Ladies Auxiliary, a life member of National and State Bowling Associations, member and past Director of Utica's Women's Bowling Association and was an elected delegate for many years to National and State Conventions. She was an active bowler for many years. Surviving are two sons and daughters-in-law, Douglas, Sr., and Mary Burrows, Venice, FL, and Frederick, Sr., and Louise Burrows, Oriskany, NY; four daughters and sons-in-law, Anne and George Gennings, Leesburg, FL, and Hamilton, NY, Marlene Brown and fiance, Earl Lewis, Clark Mills, NY, Denise and Bill Poynter, Palmetto, FL, and Sandra and Charlie Schmidt, Whitesboro, NY; a brother, Orville Jones, Sherburne, NY; a sister, Thelma Huggins, Norwich; 22 very dear grandchildren; 53 very special great-grandchildren; five great-great-grandchildren; a Godchild, Richie Owens; a sister-in-law, Betty Rowan, Clinton; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by sisters, Gladys Salls and Estelle Jarvis; brothers, Emerson Jones and William Grey; a loving grandson, Douglas H. Burrows, Jr.; twin great-great-grandsons, Dylan and Dustin Vifquain; and a sister-in-law, Liz Jones. The funeral will be Wednesday, 11:00 a.m., at the J.W. Dimbleby Funeral Home, Forty Main St., Whitesboro, NY, with Rev. Leroy M. Dancer officiating. Interment will be in Crown Hill Memorial Park. Calling hours are Tuesday, 4-8 p.m. In her memory, please consider the Eastern Star Home, P.O. Box 959, Oriskany, NY 13424. Jones, Betty (I2083)
 
131 Beulah was living in South Stukely, Quebec, Canada in 1968. Salls, Beulah Ada (I2325)
 
132 Blanche and Myron were first cousins. Two of the three daughters were said to be mentally retarded. Family F757
 
133 Blanche was living about four miles east of Hardwick, Vermont on a mountain not far from the summer camp her husband, Clarence, worked at, off Vermont Route 14 in 1969.

SSN 008-52-3265

The VT Death Index says her fathers surname was Bridges......confusion with her first husband being a Bridges?

 
Wheeler, Blanche B. (I2300)
 
134 Blendon is divorced & has 2 daughters in New Hampshire. He currently lives in St. Petersburg, Florida (2001), but moves back & forth from New Hampshire. Usually living with his relatives. Salls, Blendon Dale (I2463)
 
135 Bob had a modern camp on South Walden-Cabot Road in Barre, Vermont, a short distance south of his father's farmhouse in 1970. Searles, Robert (I2727)
 
136 Bob was living in Niagara Falls, New York in June 1968. Wright, Robert (I891)
 
137 Bonita and Al live in South Paris, ME in 2003. Ellingwood, Bonita Sharlene (I2552)
 
138 Bonnie is living in New Hampshire in 2001. Salls, Bonnie Lorraine (I2458)
 
139 Born 1:48pm, 18 1/2 inches long, 8 1/2 Lbs Riley, Christina Marie (I2505)
 
140 Breanna and Brittnie are twins. Shanti, Breanna (I5621)
 
141 Brian and Ryan are twins. Weihe, Brian (I6597)
 
142 Brian was living in Victoria, BC, Canada, in 2002. Salls, Brian (I1268)
 
143 Briggs was listed as a farmer in the Eastern Township Directory, Linboro Section North of Stanstead Village, Quebec, Canada in 1888-1889, where hå as living on Range 4, Lot 5, in 1892 with his son Edgar.
His neighbor at that time was Eugene Salls (1859), son of Franklin Salls (1831-1900), who lived on Range 4, Lot 8.
Briggs died from Carcinoma of the stomach.
The inscriptions on the gravestone in the cemetery are: Briggs Salls (1842-1905); his wife Mary M. Derick (1846-1909); Ernest R. Salls (1881-1883); Lloyd B. Salls (1873-1946). Apparently Ernest R. Salls who died at two years old may have been a son of Briggs & Mary. 
Salls, Isaac Briggs (I438)
 
144 British Empire Loyalist.

One of the early pioneer settlers of Canaan, NY. 
Salls, Joseph (I298)
 
145 Brittnie and Breanna are twins. Shanti, Brittnie (I5620)
 
146 Buried in Grave #3 of the Schmitz Plot in Our Lady Help of Christians Cemetery in Albany, New York. Fitzpatrick, Agnes Catherine (I12)
 
147 Buried in Plot 7A, 0, 86

SSN 034-07-6698

 
Salls, Russell Charles (I1051)
 
148 Buried in Plot 9, 0, 2309

SSN 195-24-4108

 
Ceschia, Louise Elizabeth (I1076)
 
149 Buried in Plot 9, 0, 2310 Salls, Jr. Hiram Herbert (I1013)
 
150 Buried in Plot: 8, 0, 1385.

SSN 524-44-2884

 
Salls, William H. (I2118)
 

      «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23» Next»

Home |  What's New |  Surnames |  Photos |  Histories |  Documents |  Cemeteries |  Places |  Dates & Anniversaries |  Reports |  Sources

This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding, Copyright © 2001-2008, created by Darrin Lythgoe, Sandy, Utah. All rights reserved.

Database © 2000-2011 www.Salls.org.